domingo, 28 de agosto de 2011

MY FIRST HURRICANE... and hopefully the last je je

In my country I have directly experienced a great deal of earthquakes, a couple of volcano eruptions, a lot of floods and several powerful storms. However, I never realized myself living a unexpected earthquake and a strong and destructive hurricane in a foreign country in the same week. Well, as some people have told me: lifelong experiences.

Fortunately, this hurricane was by far not a so huge or mortal storm as Katrina, but at a certain moment it was a little bit frightening. Experiencing a really windy night is not a recommendable quest, and even more when electricity is paradoxically the most reminded memory from a developing country.

Adapting to a very different culture can be tough, but for someone who comes from the Pacific Ring of Fire being welcomed by earthquakes and hurricanes undoubtedly facilitates the integration.

No hay comentarios: